Job Description: Knife Specialist
Role Type: Hourly
Join us and we’ll inspire connection and community with each interaction. At Vivront, it’s all about kitchen enthusiasm.
We exist to help people get the most out of their kitchen time. We’re an important part of our customers' food journey where we connect and create memories while empowering them to confidently do more. We accomplish this by creating moments of connection in our store, online and in social contexts. We’re curious at the core and we share our know-how, services, education and retail efforts wherever we get the chance. We do this because humans commune around food and we are partners in building positive communities.
You’d make a solid Knife Specialist if you:
- Consider yourself a “people person,” and enjoy meeting others
- Love working as a team and appreciate the chance to collaborate
- Understand how to and create a great customer service experience and work to improve daily
- Have a focus on quality and take pride in your work
- Are open and eager to learning new things
- Are comfortable with responsibilities like cash-handling and store safety
- Can maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Have excellent communications skills
- Can make and commit to work schedules
As a Knife Specialist you’ll do the following, both in person and online:
- Be the face of the brand for customer check in and out
- Help folks with their knife fitting experiences to find the knife (and kitchen goodies) they’re most excited about
- Participate and or lead professionally informed skills classes with joy and encouragement, while ending on time, leaving students with a desire to return and promptly tidying up and resetting the classroom
- Offer customer support for all Vivront products and services
- Continually grow your knife knowledge and skill through education and practice
- Effectively operate the retail shop during business hours
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available to work flexible hours
- Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality service, cash handling, inventory management tasks and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Engage with and understand our customers, including discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication
- Prepare customer orders per operational guidelines or customized to customer requests.
- Available to perform many different tasks with the store during each shift
- Can stand for 8 hours a day
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
- Ability to operate retail software
- Ability to teach
- Ability to sell in a retail context
We look forward to working and learning along with you and our community.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances.
Know of someone that'd be a great knife specialist? Let them and us know. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org