Learn kitchen knife skills and increase your kitchen confidence with friends at our Wayzata store.
With this 90-120 minute class, you will learn:
- Three ways to hold a knife, and why each matters
- Common knife motions and classic cutting techniques (i.e. ways to prep fruits and veggies)
- Blade care and safety techniques
- Cutting board and knife honing best practices
- About knife sharpness, edge types, metals and why they matter
- Some knife making history
- An introduction to Japanese style knives
You’ll have a chance to use a range of knives in class. Typically you'll be able to try 3-10 different knives. It's a great way to get a sense for a knife that works for your hands and preferences. Preview some of demo knives here. By purchasing you agree to the class waiver found here.
Most important: You and your friends are going to have fun!
Class size is limited to 8 students.
Duration, 90 -120 minutes.
Knives & vegetables provided! (You can bring your own kitchen knives if you'd like! Drop 'em off for sharpening the day of the class and receive one sharpened free of charge. All will be available for pick up the next day we're open). Special classes for school groups, book groups and teen only classes available upon request. Contact us.
All classes are held at Vivront Wayzata:
3408 County Rd 101, Wayzata, MN 55391
(On the corner of Hwy 101 and Minnetonka Blvd, between the Holiday gas station and F45)
We look forward to hosting you and learning together.