Increase your sharpening confidence with new skills and friends at our Edina store.
With this 90-120 minute class, you will learn:
- About knife sharpness, edge types, metals and why they matter
- Common profiles for sharpening kitchen knives
- Entry-level and common holds and knife motions for stone sharpening techniques
- Blade care and safety techniques
- Knife honing and stropping best practices
- An introduction to Japanese style knives
You’ll have a chance to start sharpening "soft" knife on entry-level stones. This will provide feedback more swiftly than hard knives. By purchasing you agree to the class waiver found here.
Most important: You and your friends are going to have fun!
Class size is limited to 4 students.
Duration, 90-120 minutes.
Knives & stones provided (You can bring your own kitchen knives if you'd like! Drop 'em off for sharpening the day of the class and receive one sharpened on the house. Available for pick up the next business day). Special classes for school groups, book groups and teen only classes available upon request. Contact us.
All classes are held at Vivront Edina:
@50th & France
4948 France Ave. S. Edina, MN 55410
(Two doors north of Paper Source, across from Anthropology)
We look forward to hosting you and learning together.